Study and discussion questions on Popper
1. What exactly is the problem of demarcation?
2. Why does the solution to the problem of demarcation matter? Why should we care?
3. What does Popper find objectionable concerning Freud's, Marx's and Adler's theories? Does he maintain that they are false?
4. What is Popper's solution to the problem of demarcation?
5. What exactly is it for a theory to be "falsifiable"? Can a claim that is in fact true be falsifiable?
6. What connection is there between falsifiability and whether scientists have a critical attitude?
7. Popper claims to have solved Hume's problem of induction. What is Popper's solution?