Discussion Questions on Popper
1. What is the problem of demarcation? Why should we care about it?
2. What exactly is it for a theory to be falsifiable? How can a true theory be falsifiable? Why, in Popper's view, is falsifiability a good thing?
3. Should we attempt to distinguish between theories that are scientific or non-scientific or between disciplines or activities that are scientific or non-scientific? What is Popper's view? What is your view?
4. What, according to Popper, is the method of science? How does it differ from the methods of ordinary everyday belief acquisition?
5. In what ways does Popper agree and disagree with Hume's views on induction?
6. What is Popper's solution to the problem of induction?